Vata is the natural principle of movement and reflects the elements space and air. It is the energy which vivifies body and mind and sharpens all the senses. Just as the wind provides movement and expression to the natural world. Physiologically, Vata governs anything related to movement, such as breathing, talking, nerve impulses, movements in the muscles and tissues, circulation, assimilation of food, elimination, urination, and menstruation. Psychologically, Vata governs communication, creativity, flexibility, and quickness of thought. A balanced Vata person is active, creative, and gifted with a natural ability to express and communicate.
The properties of Vata are: dry, light, rough, subtle, mobile and cold. Foods and climates with these qualities as well as frequent travelling, hyperactivity, lack of sleep, irregular meals will increase Vata. In this case the soft wind will become a hurricane and cause disorders in body and mind. Common signs of Vata imbalance include anxiety, fears, sleep disorders, dry skin, rheumatism and constipation.
The scent of the Vata synergy is lemony, spicy, woody and surprising. It was created with the aim of preventing inconvenience and balancing this bioenergy while preserving emotional and mental stability. The fragrance will warm and ground you and help you to get more balance.
Mental hyperactivity, nervousness, stress
- Smell the bottle three times a day for 2 consecutive minutes, with your eyes closed, imagining roots growing under the soles of your feet and grounding you.
- Stream the blend when stress and agitation take over.
- Perform acupressure with the thumb of the Marma point Kshipra (between the index finger and thumb, inside the hand between the two metacarpal bones) to activate Prana / Qi.
Digestion problems (physical and emotional level)
- Perform the acupressure with the thumb for 5 minutes of the Marma point Koorchashira (root of the thumb inside the hand).
- Blend 5 drops of the synergy with 1 tablespoon of carrier oil and massage the navel (Nabi) clockwise in case of stress, digestive disorders and nervous fragility. Then lie down for a moment with your hand on your belly, eyes closed
- Observe your thoughts and emotions.
Weak concentration, blocked creativity
Do the following meditation in the evening:
- Rub the wrists and palms of the hands with a few drops of the synergy.
- Take a sitting meditation posture.
- Place your hands for 2 minutes in front of your face and inhale with your closed eyes the fragrance. Breath regularly and deeply.
- Then practice Nadi Shodhana, the alternating breathing for a few minutes. It consists of breathing alternately through the left and right nostrils of a slow breath where the inspiration is carried out over 1 beat, the retention of the breath over 4 beats and the expiration over 2 beats.
For therapeutic treatments
- Let the client smell the bottle with closed eyes before treatment.
- Put a few drops of the blend on the pillow around the person’s head during the treatment.
- Add a few drops to your massage oil to enhance inner tranquillity.
- Blend 5 drops of the synergy with 1 tablespoon of carrier oil and massage the navel (Nabi) clockwise in case of stress, digestive disorders, and nervous fragility. Keep your hand on the belly for a moment, with closed eyes, quoting the RAM mantra internally.
Essential oils: Amyris (Amyris balsamifera), Indian basil (Ocimum basilicum), Pacific sandalwood (Santalum caledonicum), Cajeput (Melaleuca cajeputi), Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile), Cumin Carvi (Carum Carvi), Indian incense (Boswellia serrata), Sweet fennel (Foeniculum vulgare dulce), Rose geranium (Pelargonium graveolens), Ginger (Zingiber officinalis), Katafray (Cedrelopsis grevei), True lavender (Lavandula vera), Sweet lavender (Lavandula hybrida dulce), Litsea cubeba, Marjoram (Origanum majorana), Orange (Citrus aurantium) Petitgrain bitterarade (Citrus aurantium), Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris), Vetiveria zizanoides